I have been doing so many things for the past three weeks but I am going to start by posting about a project I started months ago.
It began when I went on a shopping spree, I bought a lot of 80’s Strawberry Shortcake dolls, I came across some dolls from Bandai who for some reason lost their hair, they were bold and without clothes.
My idea was to repaint those without hair; I have seen so many re-painted dolls and they look beautiful but soon I came across with problems, for example what type of primer, sealer, paints or pencils to use. But the biggest setback/problem was that I remembered that I can’t paint a pair of eyes, the first eye always a piece of cake the second one never, the second eye will always look wonky; that is why I decided to go with the easy way and used safety eyes. But to be honest it is hard to poke a hole in the little doll’s face, both physically and emotionally.
The dresses, shoes, and wig cap are crocheted and the hair is yarn.