Well, I just finished with another commission.
I was asked to make another Agnes and another minion. This time it was Stuart’s time to shine as a little girl. I’m afraid Stuart’s dress is not accurate because his dress had more polka dots than the ones I put on the dress. My first choice was to make the dress using fabric but I couldn’t find any polka dot fabric of the right color. Therefore, I crocheted the dress and hand sew the dots on it. The first idea was to glue felt dots on the dress because it would have been easier but the glue didn’t take. That’s why I had to do it the hard way. Since I was going to sew every single dot I chose to make the dots bigger, so I would have fewer dots to sew. Also, smaller dots could have resulted in the thread ripping through the felt. Last but not least, for the flower shaped buttons on the straps I used felt buttons, which came in three different sizes and colors. The hair was quite tricky to make because it had this weird look. It looks like it doesn’t have a beginning or an end, it just go around. Of course as a digital image they can get away with designs like this but trying to do that kind of hair on a plush/doll and make it look close to the original design wasn’t easy. After thinking and thinking how to make it, I got an idea and it worked or at least I’m happy how it turned out.