This past weekend I took yet another challenge after I came across a link about re-painting dolls. I got interested and decided to repaint a doll that I got for Christmas. It is a dollar store doll, it was supposed to be a joke on me but it turned out that the joke was on them because I do like dolls, I have a couple of them.
I started on Friday night, stayed up late at night looking how to make it work. Unfortunately my supplies were limited, it has been ages since I use acrylic paints. Also I didn’t have a matte sealer that is why she is shiny, I don’t know how long will it last but for now I can enjoy looking at my work and maybe try it again later. Her clothes are hand sewn, it was a pain sewing tiny clothes. I used some hair extensions that were floating around my workplace, I couldn’t wait to go to the store and buy doll’s hair. The hair is just glued to her scalp, but now she has full head of purple hair not just her hair-line as before.
You can see that she went from orange to a weird pale tone. I have seen so many beautiful dolls but of course I did it my way.